We are crazy in love with avocados. Obviously nothing holds a candle to guacamole, but this Dark Chocolate Raspberry Mousse may be a close second. Thick, creamy and chocolatey with a subtle hint of fruit, it is as tasty as it is nutritious. Avocados are rich in vitamins and minerals and help reduce inflammation. Raw cacao has the power to make you feel good - not just because of the taste but because it is chock full of phenethylamine and tryptophan which can make you feel relaxed, happy and in love! For more information on the health benefits of chocolate, check out our special Valentine's Day feature Nothing Says I Love You Like Magnesium.
A rich and delicious dessert that fights heart disease, promotes emotional wellbeing and sparks romance? Now that's one treat that you can really feel good about!
- 2 ripe Haas avocados
- 1/2 C maple syrup
- 1/4 cup raspberries
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 6 Tbs raw cacao powder
- splash of gluten free vanilla extract
- 1 Tbs raspberry preserves (optional)
- Cut the avocado in half, remove the pit, scoop the meat and put in a high powered blender.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the blender. The raspberry preserves are optional but they make this dessert extra special so if you want a little more sweetness, go for it!
- Start on a low setting and work your way up to medium. Keep going until the mousse is smooth and thick.
- Spoon the mousse into small cups or serving bowls and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Top with your favorite toppings - chopped nuts, toasted coconut, fresh raspberries, cacao nibs or coconut cream as pictured above.