It's St. Paddy's Day on Tuesday, a day known around the world for bagpipes and beer. This year, we've decided to swap the Guinness for a green smoothie, in what we're calling our Truth + Wellness Leprechaun Love Shake.
It's green, it's low in sugar, it's refreshing and fun! Too many smoothies spike your blood sugar by loading up on the fruit, fruit juices and added sweeteners. Lucky for you we have created a smoothie full of vitamins, quality protein and healthy fats to keep you energized for hours. This recipe tastes great on its own for a super low sugar option. Add the pineapple for a tangy twist and toast to the luck of the Irish. Happy St. Paddy's Day. Slainte!
- 1 C almond milk
- 1/2 C frozen or fresh spinach
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 Tbsp coconut butter
- 2 scoops grassfed vanilla whey protein
- 3 cubes of frozen pineapple (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a high powered blender and mix on medium/high until well combined and creamy.
- Serve immediately with a straw or spoon and top with your favorite toppings like chia seeds (pictured right).