This is one of the most satisfying salads I've ever made. There's plenty of heart healthy fats like cold pressed olive oil and pistachio nuts. It's got good protein from the chick peas and the flavors of the herbs really give this salad a burst of flavor.
The instructions are pretty basic: get your sharpest knife, chop everything up as small as possible and mix it all together. That's it! It lasts up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
- 1 can organic chickpeas, drained
- 1 small red onion
- 1/2 red cabbage
- 2 carrots
- 1 cup unsalted, shelled pistachio nuts
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup fresh dill
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3-4 tablespoons sherry or red wine vinegar
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- chop all raw ingredients and combine in a big bowl.
- Add olive oil, vinegar, sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately or chill in the refrigerator.