Today we are taking a trip to Flavor Town with this Onion Crusted Meatloaf. This meatloaf is Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives good. In fact, I am going to tweet this recipe to Guy Fieri right now. It takes about 10 minutes to prepare and 30-40 to bake. This is a totally grain-free, gluten-free, paleo inspired recipe. It is very low in carbs and goes great with a side of roasted squash or mashed cauliflower. Let us know how yours turns out in the comments below.
- 1.5 lbs ground beef
- 1 large carrot
- 1 green or yellow zucchini
- 2 organic eggs
- 1/2 medium onion (any kind)
- 2 Tbsp gluten-free dijon mustard, divided
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp cold pressed olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- sea salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Peel and dice the carrot. Dice the zucchini.
- In a bowl, mix together the carrot, zucchini, 2 eggs, 1 Tbsp gluten-free dijon mustard and sea salt and pepper to taste. Now add the raw ground beef and mix until combined. You may want to use your hands for this.
- In a rimmed ceramic baking dish, mould the meat mixture into an oval mound.
- In a separate bowl, combine finely chopped onion with 1 Tbsp gluten-free dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, paprika and sea salt and pepper to taste. Spoon this mixture evenly over the meat loaf and pop in the oven!
- After 40 minutes, it should be just about ready. You can crank the heat up to broil for a few minutes to get the top nice and brown. Serve immediately.