A healthy gut is the cornerstone of optimal wellbeing. One of the best ways to help the intestinal lining is by consuming high quality gelatin. Luckily, Great Lakes makes an excellent and accessible gelatin. Healing the gut just got a whole lot tastier with these yummy strawberries & cream gummies.
The key to making these gummies burst with strawberry flavor is to gently roast the strawberries. I use this trick for for my smoothies as well. When I get a nice batch of organic strawberries, I simply roast them on parchment paper and then freeze them for later.
- 1/2 C of your favorite unsweetened milk (cashew milk is my fav!)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 fresh strawberries
- 1 tsp grassfed gelatin
- Place the strawberries on parchment paper on a baking sheet. Bake on 350 degrees F for 10 minutes and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, add the cold milk, maple syrup and gelatin. Heat until the gelatin dissolves. Remove from heat.
- Add all ingredients to a high sweep blender and blend until combined.
- Spoon the mixture into flexible, silicone molds and place in the refrigerator until set, about 30 minutes.
- Store in the refrigerator.