These Veggie Pizza Bites are the ideal after school/after camp snack. They are an exciting side dish as well. Plus, they are made with 4 ingredients and couldn't be easier to make so no excuses! Get the kids involved in making these because it's fun and their little hands can come in handy when sprinkling the cheese on top! Be sure to choose a mild or medium salsa if making this for kids.
You can twist this recipe up by using marinara sauce and basil instead of salsa and cilantro. Try em both and let us know how you like these yummy bites!
- 1 organic green zucchini
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1-2 sprigs of fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup shredded organic cheese or Daiya dairy-free cheese
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 450º F.
- Slice the zucchini into 1/4" thick slices and place on parchment paper.
- Spoon a small amount of salsa onto each zucchini and spread evenly over the top surface.
- Add a dash of fresh cilantro (optional).
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over each zucchini.
- Place in the very hot oven for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is melted and lightly toasted.